"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk."

"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."









Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Butts to Nuts

Work was really busy from mid-December to mid-January.  I didn't get enough sleep, I didn't get enough writing done, I didn't do a lot of things I meant to do.  

A week before Christmas, I was walking to lunch with Doug and noticed this enormous pile of cigarettes.  Do people still smoke?  Who the hell smokes?  And who dumps their ashtray in the middle of the sidewalk?

Here's a closeup:

I made a lot of business calls in January.  My daughter bought me a bag of pistachios for my Christmas stocking.

This is what happened:


I picked up my blotter and tossed all the shells directly into the trash.  

I never once considered tossing the shells on the sidewalk, not even to make a point.  


No comments:

Post a Comment