"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk."

"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."









Friday, September 6, 2013

MOVING DAY

He'll Have to Go And Other Favorites by Jim Reeves (RCA Victor LPM-2223, 1960)

Vanishing Point (Richard C. Sarafian, dir.), 1971

Don't Look Back movie tie-in (Ballantine U7089, 1968)

I left Arizona on Wednesday, September 4th, the same day the sale of my house was officially recorded. 
 
I walked the empty rooms a dozen times, making sure nothing had been left behind. I ran my hands along every surface and every shelf, which yielded a couple of dusty issues of Entertainment Weekly and a copy of my birth certificate, nearly forgotten on the top shelf of my bedroom closet.
 
It was 108 degrees the day I left town. I drove east, in the direction of my storage space, squinting at the rising sun.
 
I dropped off my last few belongings (a pillow, a blanket, some cleaning supplies), then bought gas and some snacks and a bag of ice for my cooler. I plugged an address into my GPS and hit the road.
 
Six hours later, I was in Albuquerque.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment