"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk."

"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."









Thursday, January 17, 2013

Billie's Holiday, or Vinyl Destination


The Lady Sings (DL 8215)

I share a birthday with Billie Holiday (April 7th) even though she'd been dead nearly eight years by the time I showed up during the Summer of Love.

And to be perfectly honest, I've always been more of a Nina Simone fan.

But just for tonight, and for tonight only, let's bow our heads and remember this particular singer and these specific songs.

The album will be over before you know it.

The last song on side two is Cole Porter's "What Is This Thing Called Love?" and w
hen the needle finishes its journey across the grooves I know exactly what I'm going to do.

I'll put this record back inside the sleeve, refile it alphabetically, and never think of it again.







No comments:

Post a Comment