"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk."

"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."









Friday, February 15, 2013

Hoagy

Rusty Meets Hoagy (Mercury MG 20173)

























I don't play piano and I don't smoke cigarettes, but if I did both I'd try to cultivate the dangly, gangly, squinty-eyed, devil may care vibe that Hoagy Carmichael has going for him on this album cover.  

Me: "Hey Hoagy, nice job writing the music for "Stardust," "Heart and Soul," and "Georgia on My Mind."
Hoagy:  "Who me?  Yeah, whatever."

I picked up this record at a thrift store and was so taken with the cover it didn't bother me that the record inside wasn't Rusty Meets Hoagy.  I had to have it.

I'd like very much to hear it someday.




No comments:

Post a Comment