"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk."

"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."









Sunday, February 3, 2013

Winter, Spring, Summer, Faulkner

Someone told me I should reread "Barn Burning" and then kaboosh!  I found this Collected Stories of William Faulkner for $4.50.  

My hardcover copy is nothing special, a 21st printing.  It was originally priced $8.95, which is why the clerk who priced this particular used copy thought it should sell for $4.50.  Dividing numbers in half doesn't take a whole lot of imagination or training.

It's worth noting that new copies of the current paperback edition of Collected Stories of William Faulkner sell for $20.  Right next to my $4.50 hardcover was a used paperback edition selling for $9.

I think I chose wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment