"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk."

"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."









Saturday, December 1, 2012

Professional Crastination


I'm trying to make space on my dvr, which means catching up on stuff I recorded but never got around to watching. 

Back in June, I recorded Beginners during a free Cinemax preview.
 
I don't know why it took me five months to watch it, but I really loved it.  I mistakenly thought the movie was all about Ewan McGregor and Christopher Plummer as his openly gay, terminally ill father, but I got caught up in Ewan McGregor and Mélanie Laurent's storyline.


Beginners (Mike Mills, 2010)
 
I also made time for Marie Antoinette

Marie Antoinette (Sofia Coppola, 2006)

It wasn't perfect, but it's impossible not to be wowed by the production values.  The cinematography, the costumes--all of it, breathtaking.   



No comments:

Post a Comment