"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk."

"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."









Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sun City, Part II


Like I said, there were no Christmas sweaters this year and no Christmas ornaments.  Corey bought a dress and some earrings, Michelle bought some hankies for her father and a necklace for herself, and I bought a small army of Santas.

Crazy, hillbilly-looking Santas wearing nothing but red boxers and black boots.  About 14" tall.  They were only $2 each and I thought they would make a nice centerpiece for the Christmas buffet. 

I pointed them out to Corey and Michelle and imagined an entire army of Santas doing my bidding.  True to form, I couldn't stop laughing.  I bought four of them. 

I also bought a scary picture of a clown being startled (surprised? enchanted? I really can't tell) by another clown bursting from a jack-in-the-box.  It's totally ridiculous, but it would scare the hell out of my friend Rob who is absolutely terrified of clowns.  I've seen the clown picture before, on previous visits to Sun City.  The photograph is in a cheap gold frame, which only adds to the overall creepiness.  For $3, I'm taking it home.  It's in my arms, along with the Santas.  The book selection was not great, but I found a copy of Fertig by Sol Yurick which has eluded me for years.
 
There was one last thing.  I flipped through the sheet music and came across "After You've Gone" by Creamer & Layton.  I'm going to frame it and hang it in my bathroom.  Is that weird?  It would be swell if I could find the sheet music to a song called "Wash Your Hands" so I could hang it on the wall right next to "After You've Gone." 
 
 

1 comment: