"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk."

"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."









Saturday, December 1, 2012

Sweets Sorrow


Can we talk about sweets for a minute?

I very rarely buy them for myself, but if they're within easy reach I can't stop myself.  Zero willpower.  It's a real problem.  

Sara's homemade apple pie was the first to go.  We said our goodbyes on Tuesday night, during an episode of New Girl.  Twenty minutes later, I gave up any silly notions of waiting and finished the pumpkin pie, too. 

That left two pies, both from Corey:  storebought peach and homemade squash.  I stuck the peach pie in the refrigerator and thew the squash pie in the trash, per Corey's instructions. 

The peach pie went quietly, half on Wednesday, half on Thursday. 

I was done with turkey, done with mashed potatoes, done with gravy, and I was finally done with pie.


On Friday, Michelle had everyone over to her apartment and we made cookies. 

Perfect. 

It was a lot of fun.  We drank and talked and ordered pizza.  Tony broke a wine glass.  When it was all over, there were cookies everywhere you looked. 



 







No comments:

Post a Comment