"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk."

"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."









Saturday, July 13, 2013

LA BIBLIOTECA MODERNA

So I had what?  Over 600 Modern Library books? 

I pulled out all the duplicates and thought I might take a portion of the collection with me, but what to take?  What to leave behind? The duplicates were no indication of what I really had and it didn't make any sense to cart the rare stuff all over creation.

The whole collection is now nestled in cardboard, sleeping safely in storage. There are many striking covers that deserved scans, but I limited myself to three early titles. 

Dracula belongs here, and Native Son. The Sun Also Rises and Nine Stories and Invisible Man. Anything by E. McKnight Kauffer or Paul Galdone or George Salter.










No comments:

Post a Comment