"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk."

"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."









Saturday, March 16, 2013

"I Seek Not to Know All the Answers/But to Understand the Questions"

Kung Fu soundtrack (Promo) Warner Brothers BS27276
I'm pretty picky when I'm scouting for books or records.  If there's water damage or a torn cover or too many stickers, I frequently don't bother.  

As always, there are exceptions.

I was browsing the other day and found this promotional copy of the Kung Fu soundtrack, featuring music and dialogue from the '70s television series.  The vinyl is clean, but the sleeve has a coffee-colored stain where the promo sticker usually sits.  I picked it up, sneered, and was returning the record to the bin when something made me look inside.  

The inner sleeve was standard WB issue (1972) but there was also a printed sheet of dialogue showcasing the wisdom of Master Po and Master Kan:

Peace lies not in the world, Grasshopper, but in the man who walks the path.  

Sometimes a stranger, known to us for moments, can spark our souls to kinship for eternity. 

I have three treasures which I hold and keep.  The first is mercy.  For from mercy comes courage.  The second is frugality from which comes generosity to others.  The third is humility, for from it comes leadership.   

There was also this:  


I took the record to the counter and paid for it.  It felt like the right thing to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment