"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk."

"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."









Friday, August 2, 2013

THE SWEET SONG OF ACQUIRE

There's nothing quite so haunting as group of children singing together, is there? Especially in movies. Never trust a bunch of angel-faced children singing in unison.

Once I hear a children's chorus on the soundtrack, I know this: it's stabbing time. 

The adults never expect a thing, never see what's coming, never know what hit 'em.  All they have to do is turn their back for a second and pow! All the kids' eyes are glowing and everyone is holding a bloody machete.

I don't know, maybe it's just me.  


I paid fifty cents for this record and that's about what it's worth.

It's supposed to play at 33 1/3, but I played the first couple of songs at 45 rpm. The Jack and Jill Little People sounded like a bunch of chipmunks.

I replayed the songs at the proper speed and they just sounded dull, like an army of brainwashed rugrats holding machetes. 

Singing about manners, no less.


I'd happily make the same mistake again. You never know when you're going to strike gold.

Be polite
It doesn't hurt you
Do what's right and show respect
Gentlemen give up their seats to ladies
For the smile they will collect

No comments:

Post a Comment