"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk."

"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."









Sunday, April 7, 2013

AND NOW, A LITTLE DITTY FROM MILDRED & PATTY HILL

It's getting harder and harder to find things older than I am, but here are two:

I didn't grow up with this record, it's something I found in a thrift store years ago. 

If the price is correct, I paid $2. It's from 1961 and features the title song, "Hooray!  Today is Your Birthday."

Sample lyrics:

Today, today is your birthday/It's not the beaver's or the bear's/Or the pickle's or the pear's . . .

You can also groove along to "Jim Along Josie," "Clap Your Hands," "The Birthday Cake," and "Hello Song."  

Nice, huh?  This is surely why adults drink alcohol at children's parties.

The other artifact is more personal, more one-of-a-kind.  

My father made it on the occasion of my birth, used it to print up some announcements.  I remember seeing a finished print once, years ago.  I don't think it exists anymore.




Pretty handy, huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment