"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk."

"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."









Monday, May 20, 2013

FROM THE DOLLAR BIN

Somewhere by P. J. Proby (Liberty LST-7406)
Tab Hunter by Tab Hunter (Warner Bros. Records  1221)
James Mason Reads  The Imp of the Perverse Shadow & Lionizing by Edgar Allen (sic) Poe (LA 30006)
Kinda Kinks by The Kinks (Reprise 6173)
The Proby was a very pleasant surprise, particularly his take on "Que Sera Sera." 

I'm a sucker for celebrity albums, so the Tab Hunter was a no-brainer. It's certainly not great, but it's fairly inoffensive. Good browsing music, I suppose. It's the kind of thing you could throw on in a bookstore on a Sunday afternoon and someone will ask you who it is and then scratch their head the moment you tell them.   

I didn't have any spoken word albums from Lively Arts a couple of weeks ago and now I have three. I like the art direction on all three albums, so I'll forgive the mangling of Poe's middle name.

I really love "Nothin' In The World Can Stop Me Worryin' 'Bout That Girl" but I bought this copy of Kinda Kinks for the back cover, which I've never seen before. 

I guess I'm lucky Ray Davies doesn't like drawing straight lines. 





No comments:

Post a Comment