"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk."

"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."









Monday, May 20, 2013

MIDDLE OF THE ROW

I can't remember the last movie I saw in the theater.  

I went to Capriotti's with Sammy on Sunday and we each had a Capistrami sandwich. Chips, drinks, the whole bit. Then we bought tickets for Star Trek Into Darkness. 

Sammy doesn't like 3D, so we didn't even attempt it. He bought me a large drink and some popcorn and we sat in the dark and talked. 

The movie is a bit of a Khan job, but we were both entertained. It's  J. J. Abrams, which means wall-to-wall action and non-stop lens flares. 

The best thing about the reboot is that it's basically Star Trek turned on its head.  The fans know everything that went before, so rather than deliver a slick, pumped up retread, Abrams and the writers have done something fun with their alternative timeline by reversing roles and rejiggering the basic plot. It's Star Trek gone all timey-wimey.  

Sammy hasn't seen any episodes from the original series, but he knows  William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy and he picked right up on Khan's blood and the tribble. 

When I got home, I flipped through the records and pulled out my copy of Two Sides of Leonard Nimoy.  It's comedy gold, from "Highly Illogical" on the Spock Side to "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins" on the Nimoy side.

Two Sides of Leonard Nimoy by Leonard Nimoy (Dot DLP 25835)




No comments:

Post a Comment