"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk."

"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."









Wednesday, May 1, 2013

HEAVY HANGS THE TOOTH THAT WEARS THE CROWN

Hello Young Lovers by Jimmy Durante (Warner Bros. Records 1531) 
Everything is crazy right now.  I haven't worked in a month, my insurance officially ended yesterday, and my temporary crown is bothering me. It's a dull ache, a mild throb. The pain actually woke me the other night, but a little Ibuprofen in the morning and a little rum in the evening takes the edge off.

I interviewed for a job yesterday and to be honest, there's really nothing great about it. It's inconveniently located, the pay is terrible, and there's zero chance of promotion. Still, after a month of applying for jobs, this is the first time someone contacted me and said we'd like you to come in and talk with us. 

I arrived early and filled out some paperwork. The guy was very nice and as I drove away I realized it was the first time in a month I've had the opportunity to put on some work clothes and speak with someone civilized.  

Even if things don't work out, it was a moment I will remember and appreciate.




No comments:

Post a Comment