"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk."

"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."









Saturday, June 22, 2013

IF I NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN, EITHER

Okay, the box count is mounting. Each day, I take another 20-30 cartons over to the storage space. The guy who runs the place waves at me every time I drive through the gate.

I had an ambitious pile of books to scan until it occurred to me I'd never finish packing. I quickly sealed several cartons and never looked back. 

Here are some things, some more favorite possessions. There's too much to take with me as it is.

Steve Allen's Bop Fables (Simon & Schuster,1955)
Our Man in Havana by Graham Greene (Heinemann, 1958)

Snow White by Donald Barthelme (Atheneum, 1967)

Johnny Got His Gun by Dalton Trumbo (J. B. Lippincott Company, 1939)

No comments:

Post a Comment