"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk."

"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."









Tuesday, June 18, 2013

JUVENILIA

Gee whiz, I drew a lot as a kid.


Of all the stuff I've found in the last week, of all the art in my archives, I think I'm digging this lion the most.

Six months earlier, the Huntington Beach Public Library picked my bookmark design for distribution but it's a terrible picture. 

Apparently, the concept of perspective was completely lost on me.


My mother could be volatile, so I drew a bunch of pictures to keep her happy. Christ, what a suck-up!

I definitely remember this:

 
But not this. What is she, a character from Dickens? Tennessee Williams?

She did wear her hair like that, though.

 
I don't know what I was thinking with this picture, drawing my father as some kind of dandy.  And dancing with Snoopy, no less!
 
What a crazy kid I was.


I encouraged my own kids to draw and we spent a lot of time drawing together. I didn't save every drawing, but I sure have a lot of them.

This is one Sara did:






No comments:

Post a Comment