"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk."

"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."









Saturday, June 22, 2013

LONG DISTANCE DEDICATIONS

In the spirit of Casey Kasem, two long distance dedications to longtime friends named David currently residing in New York:

Mr. Nash: 
Shakespeare and Company (Harcourt, Brace and Company, 1959)
I just packed up my first edition of Shakespeare and Company by Sylvia Beach. Ask yourself if Mr. Novak owns a copy, or Mr. Lin, and then get back to the business of your own writing.

I've always admired Milton Glaser's jacket illustration for this book. James Joyce is hidden on the spine, just out of view.

I think I own two copies, so this one is yours just as soon as I get my mitts on the other one.

And Mr. White, a longtime Beckett collector:

Three Novels by Samuel Beckett (Grove Press, Inc., 1959)
This book is going in the same box as the Sylvia Beach. 

It might tickle you to know I've never once considered wearing a turtleneck with a blazer. 

Not once.


No comments:

Post a Comment