"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk."

"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."









Tuesday, June 4, 2013

MAY YOU LIVE IN INTERESTING TIMES

I had lunch with my ex-boss this afternoon. He moved to California ten months ago and his wife stayed behind.  
 
That's how bad the job got.
 
"I'm out of here, I can't take it any longer, I'm done." That's not a direct quote, just the essence of his message.  What he actually said was mostly profanity and obscene hand gestures. 
 
His wife stayed behind, working at her own job, taking care of the house. She's supposed to join him in July if everything goes according to plan. It's been tough on both of them.
 
There might be a job for me in California, and I'm certainly interested in working with him again.  He's a good guy, a cool cat. We had a lot of laughs working together. 
 
In the meantime, I have a phone interview for a job in North Carolina. Would I be good at it?  I'd be great at it. But do they get BBC America in Durham?
 
Strange days, indeed.  Most peculiar, mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment