"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk."

"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."









Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I Never Misfiled Anything.  Not Once.  Not One Time


By rights, this picture of Elizabeth Ashley should be a "Guess the Movie" entry:
Dr. Glaser (Elizabeth Ashley)
But it's obviously Vampire's Kiss (Robert Bierman, 1988).  The movie is pretty awful, but if you remember it at all you remember two things:  the moment where Nicolas Cage puts a live cockroach in his mouth, and Cage's hysterical tantrum over a misfiled publishing contract.


"W . . .X . . .Y . . .Z!!!"
"I never misfiled anything."

"Not once.  Not one time."


The truth is, there's a free HBO preview this weekend and I want to record the second season of Boardwalk Empire.  Time to clean out my DVR, which means adios to Vampire's Kiss, Electra Glide in Blue (skimmed, but mostly unwatched), the episode of Breaking the Magician's Code where I could have learned how to make a San Francisco cable car disappear, Scorsese's George Harrison doc (it didn't grab me like the Dylan), a random ep of Girls, and three hours of Restaurant: Impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment