"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk."

"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."









Friday, September 28, 2012

On Trying to Be Funny in Front of Strangers


I'm doing a thing tonight, a reading with four other people and a woman who plays the accordion. 

It'll be quick, less than ten minutes, and the rehearsal went well but I'm still kind of agonizing over it.  I'm thrilled about participating, but I'm actually quite shy and I'll be happy when it's over.

The writing was no problem.  We're supposed to keep our performance to eight minutes (about 1500 words), so I made some cuts after rehearsal.  About a week ago, I started making subtle tweaks: a word here, a line there.  It's locked now, no more changes.  It's a little long, maybe thirty seconds.  If I do it right and the audience is into it, it won't matter. 

I have no idea what I'm going to wear.

1 comment:

  1. Show us a picture of your outfit! Surely someone took a picture, right?

    ReplyDelete