"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk."

"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."









Monday, September 3, 2012

Take Shelter (Jeff Nichols, 2011)

I meant to watch this with Beth before she left for North Carolina, but the time got away from us.

We actually meant to watch it in the theater, but I guess 2011 got away from us.

I finally saw half of it Saturday night and finished it this evening.  Then I watched it again with commentary from writer-director Jeff Nichols and actor Michael Shannon.
"There is a storm coming . . ."

 

" . . . like NOTHING you have ever seen."
 


"And not a one of you is prepared for it."


The whole cast is outstanding, but Shannon is off-the-fuckin'-hook.
 
Powerful, disturbing, and challenging. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment