"Crap! I wish I hadn't seen Ricky on the sidewalk."

"You will be fine for 31 minutes. You will be dead in 32 minutes."









Thursday, September 13, 2012

Rubber Bumpers


 
I left work around 4:30 this afternoon and walked to the second floor of my parking structure.  As I headed down my row, I noticed a back bumper lying on the ground, no longer attached to a vehicle.
 
Some shmegegge must have driven by and hit the car. 
 
I dug my keys out of my pocket and started looking for my Honda. It took me a few seconds of walking back and forth to realize I was the poor sonofabitch with the damaged car.  My back bumper was unrecognizable down there by the back tires.  It looked like an unbuckled belt, or maybe a tie, carelessly loosened after a hard day at work.
 
A note had been left on my windshield, and the shmegegge turned out to be a very polite law student who was immediately forthcoming with his insurance information.
 
I called an office buddy and had him look at the bumper with me.  We got some duct tape and put the bumper back where it belonged.
 
I drove home slowly, avoiding the freeway, no longer critical of cars that appear to be held together by toothpaste and string.

No comments:

Post a Comment